51 German Proverbs about GreatAll German Proverbs | Proverbs about Great
1. A small gift is better than a great promise.
2. Affectation is a greater injury to the face than small-pox.
3. Don't learn too much, Jack, else you must do a great deal.
4. Drinking a little too much is drinking a great deal too much.
5. "Great cry and little wool," said the fool, when he sheared a pig.
6. Great fish are caught in great waters.
7. Great men may just with saints.
8. Great men's servants don't think little of themselves.
9. Great men's vices are accounted sacred.
10. Great minds think alike.
11. Great oaks from little acorns grow.
12. Great say-masters, bad pay-masters.
13. Great talkers are commonly liars.
14. Great trees give more shade than fruit.
15. Greatness alone in not enough, or the cow would outrun the hare.
16. He that pelts every barking dog, must pick up a great many stones.
17. He who prizes little things, is worthy of great ones.
18. He who saves in little things, can be liberal in great ones.
19. He who takes no care of little things, will not have the care of great ones.
20. Learned fools are the greatest fools.
Proverbs about Great
Quotes related to Great by Power Quotations