9 German Proverbs about HorsesAll German Proverbs | Proverbs about Horses
1. A fence lasts three years, a dog lasts three fences, a horse three dogs, and a man three horses.
2. Don't change horses in mid stream.
3. Hobby horses are dearer than Arabians.
4. One must plough with the horses he has.
5. There is nothing for which the boors pray so much to God as that the horses of the squirearchy may not die, for otherwise they would ride the boors with spurs.
6. When old horses get warm, they are not easily held in.
7. Hobby horses are more expensive than Arabian stallions.
8. Mules are always boasting that their ancestors were horses.
9. Only when the horses have escaped do men repair the stable.
Proverbs about Horses
Quotes related to Horses by Power Quotations