17 German Proverbs about NightAll German Proverbs | Proverbs about Night
1. Cheese is gold in the morning, silver at noon, and lead at night.
2. Everybody thinks his own cuckoo sings better than another's nightingale.
3. Except for the night, we could never know the stars.
4. Good counsel comes over night.
5. He that marries for love has good nights, but sorry days.
6. One hour's sleep before midnight is better than two after it.
7. Praise a fine day at night.
8. Red sky at night, sailor's delight. Red sky at morning, sailors take warning.
9. Red sky at night, shepherd's delight; red sky in the morning, shepherd's warning.
10. The world likes to have night-owls, that it may have matter for wonder.
11. Barnaby bright, Barnaby bright, the longest day and the shortest night.
12. By night all cats are grey.
13. Heaviness may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.
14. At night all cats are grey.
15. Praise a fair day at night.
16. Brandy is as lead in the morning, silver at noon, and gold at night.
17. Never listen to these three advisers: wine, the night, and love.
Proverbs about Night
Quotes related to Night by Power Quotations