15 German Proverbs about PraiseAll German Proverbs | Proverbs about Praise
1. Hares are caught with hounds, fools with praise, and women with gold.
2. He who praises himself must have bad neighbours.
3. He who praises in praesentia, and abuses in absentia, have with him pestilentia.
4. In the evening one may praise the day.
5. One fool praises another.
6. One has only to die to be praised.
7. Praise a fine day at night.
8. Self-praise stinks, friends praise hinks, the stranger's is sincere, and may last for a year.
9. The work praises the workman.
10. Women and maidens must be praised, whether truly or falsely.
11. Praise a fair day at night.
12. A good book praises itself.
13. A man trying to sell a blind horse always praises its feet.
14. The praise of a thousand jesters counts for nothing against the reprimand of one wise man.
15. Undeserved praise is mockery disguised.
Proverbs about Praise
Quotes related to Praise by Power Quotations