24 German Proverbs about WaterAll German Proverbs | Proverbs about Water
1. A fish should swim thrice: in water, in sauce, and in wine.
2. A flatterer has water in one hand and fire in the other.
3. A monk in his cloister, a fish in the water, a thief in the gallows.
4. A used plough shines, standing water stinks.
5. Don't throw away your dirty water till you have got clean.
6. Dumb dogs and still water are dangerous.
7. Fir and water are good servants, but bad masters.
8. Great fish are caught in great waters.
9. If I am to be drowned, it shall be in clean water.
10. It is bad baking without flour and water.
11. Stagnant water grows stinking.
12. The more the well is used, the more water it yields.
13. Those who wade in unknown waters will be sure to be drowned.
14. Water is the strongest drink; it drives mills.
15. Where water has been, water will come again.
16. Still waters run deep.
17. It is a bad well into which one must put water.
18. Fools grow without watering.
19. Friendship is a plant we must often water.
20. Water quenches the thirst but does not teach you how to sing.
Proverbs about Water
Quotes related to Water by Power Quotations