15 German Proverbs about YearAll German Proverbs | Proverbs about Year
1. A fence lasts three years, a dog lasts three fences, a horse three dogs, and a man three horses.
2. A hundred years of regret pay not a farthing of debt.
3. A hundred years of wrong do not make an hour of right.
4. Care brings on grey hairs, and age without years.
5. He who cheats a cheat and robs a thief, earns a dispensation for 100 years.
6. He who forces love when none is found, remains a fool the whole year round.
7. Misfortune, wood, and hair, grow throughout the year.
8. Reason doe not come before years.
9. Revenge of an hundred years old hath still its sucking teeth.
10. Self-praise stinks, friends praise hinks, the stranger's is sincere, and may last for a year.
11. Summer sown corn and women's advice turn out once in every seven years.
12. Who knows nothing in his thirtieth year, is nothing in his fortieth, has nothing in his fiftieth; learns nothing, is nothing, and comes to nothing.
13. Words of snow, which fell last year.
14. A marriage in later years sends a letter to the grave digger.
15. If you let the weeds grow for a year you will need seven to clear them.
Proverbs about Year
Quotes related to Year by Power Quotations