84 Haitian Proverbs / Page 3
41. Ignorance doesn't kill you, but it does make you sweat a lot.
42. Ignorance doesn't necessarily kill you but it makes you sweat a lot.
43. It's because the rat knows what he does at night that he doesn't go out during day.
44. Little by little the bird makes his nest.
45. Little by little, the bird builds its nest.
46. Little snakes need to grow in hiding.
47. Many hands make a workload lighter.
48. No matter how beautiful the shoes are, they still have to go on the ground.
49. Only the knife knows the heart of a pineapple.
50. Poor people entertain with the heart.
51. Salt does not brag that it is salted.
52. The bocor gives you a protective charm, but he doesn't tell you to sleep in the middle of the highway.
53. The child of a tiger is a tiger.
54. The child saith nothing but what he heard at the fireside.
55. The child says nothing, but what it heard by the fire.
56. The constitution is paper, bayonets are steel.
57. The crab that walks miles too far will fall into the pot.
58. The crab that walks too far falls into the pot.
59. The dead do not know the value of white sheets.
60. The dog has four feet, but he does not walk in four roads at the same time.