31 Iranian Proverbs
1. A blind person who sees is better than a seeing person who is blind.
2. A drowning man is not troubled by rain.
3. A gentle hand may lead even an elephant by a hair.
4. A man can pose as a wise when searching for wisdom, but if he believes to have find it, is a fool.
5. A stone thrown at the right time is better than gold given at the wrong time.
6. A sword in the hands of a drunken slave is less dangerous than science in the hands of the immoral.
7. An egg thief becomes a camel thief.
8. As the best wine makes the sharpest vinegar, the truest lover may turn into the worst enemy.
9. Do not choose for anyone what you do not choose for yourself.
10. Doubt is the key to knowledge.
11. Doubt makes the mountain which faith can move.
12. Doubtful the die, and dire the cast.
13. Draw not thy bow before thy arrow be fixed.
14. Drawn wells have sweetest water.
15. Epigrams succeed where epics fail.
16. Every man is the king of his own beard.
17. Experience is a comb which nature gives to men when they are bald.
18. Habits are first cobwebs, then cables.
19. Necessity can change a lion into a fox.
20. One pound of learning requires ten pounds of common sense to apply it.