22 Japanese Proverbs about SandAll Japanese Proverbs | Proverbs about Sand
1. Getting money is like digging with a needle. Spending it is like water soaking into the sand.
2. If one man praises you, a thousand will repeat the praise.
3. One dog yelping at nothing will set ten thousand straining at their collars.
4. One written word is worth a thousand pieces of gold.
5. The go-between wears out a thousand sandals.
6. A journey of a thousand miles starts with one step.
7. Better be proficient in one art than a smatterer in a thousand.
8. He who is desperate will squeeze oil out of a grain of sand.
9. He who treads the path of love walks a thousand meters as if it were only one.
10. One moment of intense happiness prolongs life by a thousand years.
11. Sometimes it takes only an hour to get a reputation that lasts for a thousand years.
12. Spending it is like pouring water into sand.
13. When ten thousand soldiers lie rotting, the general's reputation is enhanced.
14. Who travels for love finds a thousand miles not longer than one.
15. Half an hour in a spring evening is worth a thousand gold pieces.
16. Better than a thousand days of diligent study is one day with a great teacher.
17. The reputation of a thousand years may be determined by the conduct of one hour.
18. A thousand li journey begins with a single step.
19. To wear two pairs of straw sandals at once.
20. An evil act runs a thousand miles.
Proverbs about Sand
Quotes related to Sand by Power Quotations