55 Kashmiri Proverbs / Page 2
21. If it comes, it is golden; if it doesn't, it was made of grass.
22. Ignorance is the peace of life.
23. It doesn't take time to change one's destiny.
24. Its tuff to find fools; ten in every other house.
25. Life cannot be trusted; death can come at any moment.
26. No strength within, no respect without.
27. No sunshine but hath some shadow.
28. No sweet without sweat.
29. O daughter, I'm telling you. O daughter-in-law, listen to it.
30. Obeisance to the self that is a reflection of eternal reality.
31. One and one are sometimes eleven.
32. One man can burn water, whereas another cannot even burn oil.
33. One man cut the barrage, and a thousand people fell into the river.
34. One man's beard is on fire, and another man warms his hands on it.
35. One man's breath's another man's death.
36. One plus one makes eleven.
37. Saving mustard seeds in hand, while a watermelon escapes.
38. Service is greatness.
39. The bachelors crave it, and the married ones regret it.
40. The customers are known to the shopkeepers.