55 Kashmiri Proverbs / Page 3
41. The danger past, and God forgotten.
42. The fall is nobody's sire.
43. The gardener had not yet dug out the radish, when the beggar held the alms-bowl in front of him.
44. The hen scratches and the chicken learns.
45. The sufferer goes through hell till the truth comes out.
46. To roast fish on sky and to eat them.
47. To serve a mean person, is to beat the earth.
48. True religion is in one's heart.
49. Two's company, the third person is an intruder.
50. Unity is equal to a thousand golden coins.
51. Unity is strength.
52. What care is a friend worth? What handling can a chickling take?
53. When pumpkins are watered, brinjals also get watered.
54. When rogues fallout, honest men come by their own.
55. Wisdom and serenity should not unduly weigh down a person.