281 Kikuyu Proverbs / Page 2
21. A piece of land is not a little thing.
22. A plant loses its blossom as soon as it bears fruit.
23. A really good thing is ever good.
24. A river drowns the one who can swim.
25. A secret agreement enabled people to kill Watatua.
26. A slaughterhouse is not without a little blood.
27. A small red snuff-box is a welcome.
28. A son as cunning as his father knows the arrows like father.
29. A stupid turtle-dove is sometimes surprised by night for wanting one more grain of castor-oil plant.
30. A trick is not an arrow.
31. A wily person does not walk on dry leaves.
32. Another's mouth cannot take the oath for you.
33. Beggars have no worries.
34. Birds agree when flying down, but do not agree when flying up.
35. Bought things do not fill the granary.
36. Boys and sugar-cane grow up as enemies.
37. By staying always in the same place one gets lice.
38. Candidates for circumcision.
39. Change seeds taking them from different calabashes.
40. Clear out of the 'thakirio'.