73 Korean Proverbs / Page 2
21. Cast not pearls to swine.
22. Catch not at the shadow, and lose the substance.
23. Cross even a stone bridge after you've tested it.
24. Do not draw your sword to kill a fly.
25. Even a fish wouldn't get into trouble if it kept its mouth shut.
26. Even a monk can't shave his own head.
27. Even a sheet of paper is lighter when two people lift it.
28. Even children of the same mother look different.
29. Even honey can taste bitter if it's used as medicine.
30. Even if the sky falls on you, there is a hole that you can escape from.
31. Even the best song becomes tiresome if heard too often.
32. Even though words have no wings, they can still fly a thousand miles. Even if you encounter a stone bridge, tap it first before crossing. Through old things, we learn new things.
33. Give an extra piece of cake to a stepchild.
34. If a pedestrian sees a horse he will want to ride it.
35. If there is a rich man in the area three villages are ruined.
36. If you kick a stone in anger, you'll hurt your own foot.
37. If you starve for three days, there is no thought that does not invade your imagination.
38. If you want a well, only dig in one place.
39. It is a bad plowman that quarrels with his ox.
40. Man's affairs are evaluated only after his coffin is closed.