73 Korean Proverbs / Page 3
41. Man's extremity, God's opportunity.
42. Man's mind changes throughout the course of a day.
43. No sleep, no dream.
44. One moment is worth more than a thousand gold pieces.
45. Power lasts ten years; influence not more than a hundred.
46. Put off for one day and ten days will pass by.
47. Remember, even monkeys fall out of trees.
48. Tall branches are apt to be broken.
49. Tap even a stone bridge before crossing.
50. The bad calligrapher is choosy about his brushes.
51. The bad plowman quarrels with his ox.
52. The bull that is used to the sun shivers by the light of the moon.
53. The deeper the waters are, the more still they run.
54. The frog forgets that he was once a tadpole.
55. The matchmaker gets three cups of wine when he succeeds and three slaps on the cheek when he fails.
56. The nicest woman is your own; the nicest harvest is your neighbors.
57. The person who has many faults is usually the first to criticize others. Put something off for one day, and ten days will pass.
58. The person who knows himself and his opponent will be invincible. Carve a peg only after you have observed the hole.
59. The thief hates the moon.
60. There is no flower that lasts ten days and no might lasts ten years.