242 Polish Proverbs
1. "Love one another" said Christ, but he didn't mention anything about preferences.
2. A bachelor and a dog can do anything.
3. A bad workman always blames his tools.
4. A beggar talked to a picture, but picture answered nothing.
5. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
6. A bitter centipede if eaten in a pleasing berry pie will taste sweet.
7. A bush does note grow berries in winter.
8. A crow won't bite a crow.
9. A dead man's will is the mirror of his life.
10. A doctor will take care of the rich man; the poor man is cured with work.
11. A fault confessed is half redressed.
12. A fool stands always in the rain.
13. A friend to all is a friend to none.
14. A good appetite needs no sauce.
15. A good bargain is a pick-purse.
16. A good joke is a penny worth.
17. A good painter need not give a name to his picture, a bad one must.
18. A guest hammers a nail in the wall even if he stays only one night.
19. A guest sees more in an hour than the host sees in a year.
20. A guest sticks a nail in the wall even if he stays but one night.