48 Portuguese Proverbs about BetterAll Portuguese Proverbs | Proverbs about Better
1. A barley corn is better than a diamond to a cock.
2. A man of straw is better than a woman of gold.
3. Better a distant good than a near evil.
4. Better a red face than a black heart.
5. Better a sparrow in the hand than two flying.
6. Better an ass that carries me than a horse that throws me.
7. Better an egg in peace, than an ox in war.
8. Better anticipate than be anticipated.
9. Better be killed by robbers than by the kick of an ass.
10. Better be one-eyed than quite blind.
11. Better be out of the world than out of the fashion.
12. Better be silent than speak ill.
13. Better be wrong with the many than right with the few.
14. Better deserve honour and not have it, than have it and not deserve it.
15. Better go round than be drowned.
16. Better have friends in the market-place than money in your coffer.
17. Better have to give than have to beg.
18. Better is a leap over the ditch than the entreaties of good men.
19. Better is my neighbour's hen than mine.
20. Better is one "Take this," than two "I-will-give-you."
Proverbs about Better
Quotes related to Better by Power Quotations