77 Somali Proverbs
1. A brave man dies once, a coward a thousand times.
2. A brave man is scared of a lion three times: first when he sees the tracks; second when he hears the first roar; and third when they are face to face.
3. A brother is like one's shoulder.
4. A camel can tolerate a heavy load, but not a crooked rope.
5. A cat in her house has the teeth of a lion.
6. A childless old lady is obsessed with sea shells.
7. A coward dies before the courageous dies.
8. A coward is full of precaution.
9. A deer is an elder to its family.
10. A dog which refuses a bone is not alive.
11. A madman does not lack wisdom.
12. A man one year elder to you is one cunning year elder to you.
13. A man prolonging his age sees a camel giving birth.
14. A man throws stones not words.
15. A man who has eaten something becomes shy.
16. A man with a sense of humor is never at a loss for words or action.
17. A married couple is neither enemies nor friends.
18. A person stands next to a shade not next to words.
19. A sinking persons grabs a straw.
20. A thief is always under suspicion.