34 Swiss Proverbs
1. A good spectator also creates.
2. A greedy person and a pauper are practically one and the same.
3. As the stone leaves your hand it belongs to the devil.
4. Ask ten brewers and you will get eleven opinions.
5. At the bottom of the sack you will find the bill.
6. Avoid those who don't like bread and children.
7. Better to sell it with regret than to keep it.
8. Better to sell with regret than to keep with regret.
9. God lets things go -- but only to a point.
10. Great consolation may grow out of the smallest saying.
11. He that sleeps sound feels not the toothache.
12. He who mocks the cripple should be straight himself.
13. If you close one eye, you will not hear everything.
14. In a house of gold the clocks are of lead.
15. It is always the fat ones who lead the dance.
16. It is easier to beat two devils into a child, than one devil out.
17. It is easier to criticize than to do better.
18. Marriage is a covered dish.
19. One simple maxim is often worth more than two good friends.
20. Sometimes you have to be silent in order to be heard It's easier to criticize than to do better.