32 Syrian Proverbs
1. A little spark can kindle a great fire.
2. A man's shirt does not change the color of his skin.
3. A narrow place can contain a thousand friends.
4. A small house is enough room for a thousand friends.
5. A virgin may travel alone at midnight and be safe, and a purse of gold dropped in the road at midday will never be stolen.
6. All ways lead to the mill.
7. An Aleppine can sell even a dried donkey skin.
8. An ignorant person is simply an enemy to himself.
9. Be not water, taking the tint of all colors.
10. Birth is the messenger of death.
11. Choose the neighbor before the house.
12. Dwell not upon thy weariness, thy strength shall be according to the measure of thy desire.
13. Even paradise is no fun without people.
14. Girl, do not exult in thy wedding dress; see how much trouble lurks behind it.
15. He who has his hand in the water is not like him who has his hand in the fire.
16. If you conduct yourself properly, fear no one.
17. In every village, there is a path that leads to the mill.
18. It is an easy thing to find a staff to beat a dog.
19. It's better to deal with the devil we know than the devil we don't know.
20. Keep away from trouble and sing to it.