24 Tshi Proverbs
1. 'hit me but i must not hit you' is no game at all.
2. A tree that has grown bent for thirty years cannot be straightened in one year.
3. Although the horse is stupid, it does not follow that the rider is stupid.
4. At someone's funeral we weep for our own mothers and fathers.
5. If a man is unhappy, his conduct is the cause.
6. If everyone helps to hold up the sky, then one person does not become tired.
7. If someone hates you, don't let her find you hateful.
8. If there had been no poverty in europe, then the white man would not have come and spread his clothes in africa.
9. If they are uttering insults and don't mean you, and yet you reply, you have condemned yourself.
10. If you are merciful to the antelope, you go to bed hungry.
11. If you go to a rat's village and it is eating palm nuts, you eat some too.
12. If you have no time to take care of your sickness, you get time to die.
13. In order to find evildoers, every human being is given a name.
14. It is because of man we wear swords.
15. No matter how generous you are, you don't give your wife away.
16. No one roasts rotten meat and puts it in the mouth of their friend and then says 'you mouth stinks.'
17. Perhaps you will eat a whole elephant and nothing gets stuck in your throat, and then you eat a fish and a bone gets stuck in your throat.
18. The animal that is coming to be killed does not hear the hunter cough.
19. The one who is looking for a wife doesn't speak contemptuously of women.
20. The place where you are happy is better than the place you were born.