20 Proverbs about Bamboo
1. He was burned, so he ran into the bamboo grove, but the grove caught fire.
2. When eating bamboo sprouts, remember the man who planted them.
3. To bend a bamboo, start when it is a shoot.
4. One bamboo does not make a forest.
5. You can lean on a bamboo stick, but not on a rope.
6. If a bamboo tube makes a loud sound, it is empty.
7. The higher the bamboo, the more it can be bent.
8. The taller the bamboo grows, the lower it bends.
9. You can't see the whole sky through a bamboo pole.
10. You can't straighten a snake by putting it in a bamboo cane.
11. Just as a bamboo cane forms a round jet of water, so taking counsel together makes men of one mind.
12. To bend a bamboo, start when it is a shoot.
13. If you see him riding on a bamboo-cane, say to him, "Good health to your horse!"
14. Young bamboo trees are easy to bend.
15. If you see someone riding a bamboo-cane, tell him "What a lovely horse!"
16. By poking at a bamboo thicket, one drives out a snake.
17. The winds may fell the massive oak, but bamboo, bent even to the ground, will spring upright after the passage of the storm.
18. A tender bamboo cannot be eagerly desired for building.
19. An image of a bamboo has already been formed in mind before it is committed to the painting canvas.
20. Like bamboo shoots after rain.
Quotes related to Bamboo by Power Quotations