52 Proverbs about Burns / Page 2
21. The fire heeds little whose cloak it burns.
22. The wet branch burns better than the dry stone.
23. There is no use in blowing a fire that burns well.
24. The sweat of one's brow is what burns everyone.
25. He does not a little who burns his house: he frightens the rats, and warms himself.
26. The fire well knows whose cloak burns.
27. The green burns for the dry, and the righteous pay for sinners.
28. Better a small fire that warms you than a big one that burns you.
29. When the kitchenmaids are together the roast burns.
30. Money burns many.
31. A small fire that warms you is better than a large one that burns you.
32. No lamp burns till morning.
33. One man's house burns so that another may warm himself.
34. Thanks to one small candle the whole of Moscow burns.
35. An ember burns where it falls.
36. The one who burns his mouth for drinking milk too hot, eats even yogurt carefully.
37. Many homes burns inside but it is not seen outside.
38. Too much wax burns the church.
39. The fire you kindle for your enemy often burns yourself more than him.
40. Not so much that it burns the saint, nor so little that it doesn't illuminate him.
Quotes related to Burns by Power Quotations