31 Proverbs about Cask
1. Empty casks make the most noise.
2. One catches more flies with a spoonful of honey than with twenty casks of vinegar.
3. The cask always smells of the herring.
4. Empty casks make the most sound.
5. The fuller the cask, the duller its sound.
6. When the wine runs to waste in the cellar, he mends the cask.
7. The cask can give no other wine that that it contains.
8. The full cask makes no noise.
9. A drop of luck is worth a cask of wisdom.
10. A poor cask often holds good wine.
11. It is easy to set a cask a rolling.
12. The old cask tastes of what the new cask held.
13. Corsair against corsair nothing is got but empty casks.
14. The cask full, the mother-in-law drunk.
15. The cask smells of the wine it contains.
16. A lord without land, is like a cask without wine.
17. Better weak beer than an empty cask.
18. Truth and folly dwell in the wine-cask.
19. When the cook is roasting for the butler, woe to the master's wine-cask.
20. 'Tis too late to spare when the cask is bare.
Quotes related to Cask by Power Quotations