37 Proverbs about Clever
1. Too clever is dumb.
2. Too clever is stupid.
3. A clever hawk hides its talons.
4. One's son is clever while the neighbor is suspicious.
5. A clever person turns great troubles into little ones, and little ones into none at all.
6. A clever doctor never treats himself.
7. The advice of a clever woman can ruin a strong town.
8. In the presence of princes the cleverest jester is mute.
9. When you say one thing, the clever person understands three.
10. Without rice, even the cleverest housewife cannot cook.
11. All clever men are birds of prey.
12. A person's cleverness is not shown by how many words he utters at once but how he utters them.
13. Cleverness is better than strength.
14. A clever man's inheritance is found in every country.
15. Even clever hens sometimes lay their eggs among nettles.
16. Every fool thinks he is clever enough.
17. He must be a clever host that would take the devil into his hostelry.
18. I would rather have a clever woman than a rich one.
19. The clever wife makes her husband an apron.
20. He is called clever who cheats and plunders his friend.
Quotes related to Clever by Power Quotations