174 Proverbs about Corn
1. An old broom knows the corners of the house.
2. Drive a rat into a corner, and he'll jump at you.
3. Great oaks from little acorns grow.
4. If fools were to eat no bread, corn would be cheap.
5. If the brain sows not corn, it plants thistles.
6. No house without a mouse, no barn without corn, no rose without a thorn.
7. Summer sown corn and women's advice turn out once in every seven years.
8. The ass carries corn to the mill, and gets thistles.
9. The king's chaff is better than other folk's corn.
10. Truth creeps not into corners.
11. Barren corn makes bitter bread.
12. Acorns compare their height with each other.
13. When planning for a year, plant corn. When planning for a decade, plant trees. When planning for life, train and educate people.
14. Corner a dog in a dead-end street and it will turn and bite.
15. Even a hare will bite when it is cornered.
16. Mankind scorns a virtuous man, but heaven does not.
17. The corn is not choked by the weeds but by the negligence of the farmer.
18. A dog will jump over a wall when cornered.
19. Even a rabbit will bite when it is cornered.
20. Phoenix feather and unicorn horns.
Quotes related to Corn by Power Quotations