334 Proverbs about Drink
1. A drink is shorter than a tale.
2. Drink upon salad costs the doctor a ducat; drink upon eggs costs him two.
3. Drinking a little too much is drinking a great deal too much.
4. Eating and drinking holds body and soul together.
5. He who is always drinking and stuffing, will in time become a ragamuffin.
6. Saint Martin was an easy man, he loved to drink Cerevisiam; and when he'd no Pecuniam, he left in pledge his Tunicam.
7. The fish lead a pleasant life, they drink when they like.
8. Thousands drink themselves to death before one dies of thirst.
9. To good eating belongs good drinking.
10. To live long, eat like a cat, drink like a dog.
11. Water is the strongest drink; it drives mills.
12. We must eat and drink though every tree were a gallows.
13. When one goose drinks, all drink.
14. Would you live long, be healthy and fat, drink like a dog and eat like a cat.
15. Drink makes you forget your sorrow; but only, alas, until tomorrow.
16. He who drinks no more still likes to see the beer pulled.
17. If you want to live long, be healthy and fat, drink like a dog and eat like a cat.
18. You can eat and drink with your family but not count and measure.
19. Young drinkers, old beggars.
20. First the man takes a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes the man.
Quotes related to Drink by Power Quotations