1553 Proverbs about Every / Page 5
81. Not every one that dances is glad.
82. Not every sort of wood is fit to make an arrow.
83. One cannot please everybody and one's father.
84. One day is as good as two for him who does everything in its place.
85. The fox thinks everybody eats poultry like himself.
86. The secret of two is God's secret, the secret of three is everybody's secret.
87. There is a pinch of the madman in every great man.
88. 'Tis everywhere the same as here.
89. To every bird its nest seems fair.
90. To every lord every honour.
91. To every saint his candle.
92. Truth is the club that knocks down and kills everybody.
93. When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.
94. When the dog is drowning every one brings him water.
95. When the tree is down everybody runs to the branches.
96. When there is no wind every man is a pilot.
97. April weather, woman's love, rose-leaves, dice, and card-luck, change every moment.
98. Could everything be done twice, everything would be done better.
99. Doctor Luther's shoes do not fit every parish priest.
100. Every beginning is hard, said the thief, when he began by stealing an anvil.
Quotes related to Every by Power Quotations