389 Proverbs about Gold / Page 2
21. Hares are caught with hounds, fools with praise, and women with gold.
22. So it goes in the world: one has the purse, the other has the gold.
23. Talking is silver, silence is gold.
24. That usury is a sin some hold, but take for granted they've no gold.
25. The devil catches most souls in a golden net.
26. Though you seat the frog on a golden stool, he'll soon jump off again into the pool.
27. Where gold avails, argument fails.
28. Where gold chinks, arguments are of no avail.
29. Whore or thief young or old, welcome so you've got the gold.
30. With houses and gold, men are rarely bold.
31. Women, fortune, and gold, favour fools.
32. One written word is worth a thousand pieces of gold.
33. A good cat does not need a collar of gold.
34. A wild goose may be worth a hundred pieces of gold, but you first have to spend three pieces of gold to buy an arrow.
35. Don't take a golden sword to cut a radish.
36. Even a fool knows the glow of gold.
37. Giving gold coins to a cat.
38. He who has gold is served by the devil.
39. Half an hour in a spring evening is worth a thousand gold pieces.
40. What you give for the cause of charity in health is gold; what you give in sickness is silver; what you give after death is lead.
Quotes related to Gold by Power Quotations