938 Proverbs about King
1. Barking dogs don't bite.
2. Barking dogs seldom bite.
3. A cat may look at a king.
4. Dead flies cause the ointment of the apothecary to send forth a stinking savour.
5. Between wording and working is a long road.
6. Buying is cheaper than asking.
7. Drinking a little too much is drinking a great deal too much.
8. Eating and drinking holds body and soul together.
9. Give unto the king what is the king's, and unto God what is God's.
10. Good luck, with good looking after.
11. He that pelts every barking dog, must pick up a great many stones.
12. He who is always drinking and stuffing, will in time become a ragamuffin.
13. I will not change a cottage in possession for a kingdom in reversion.
14. If I am seen, I am joking; if I am not seen, I steal.
15. In the looking-glass we see our form, in wine the heart.
16. It is bad baking without flour and water.
17. Little folks are fond of talking about what great folks do.
18. One should be born either a king or a fool.
19. Revenge of an hundred years old hath still its sucking teeth.
20. Small undertakings give great comfort.
Quotes related to King by Power Quotations