938 Proverbs about King / Page 2
21. Speaking comes by nature, silence by understanding.
22. Stagnant water grows stinking.
23. Talking is easier than doing, and promising than performing.
24. Talking is silver, silence is gold.
25. That is not in the looking-glass which is seen in the looking-glass.
26. The cock is king on his own dunghill.
27. The king cannot rule as he wishes.
28. The king's chaff is better than other folk's corn.
29. The one-eyed is a king among the blind.
30. There are more ways of killing a dog than choking it with butter.
31. There's no making apples of plums.
32. To good eating belongs good drinking.
33. What signifies the barking of a dog that don't bite?
34. A good soldier has only three things to think about; the king, God, and nothing.
35. Jealousy is a pain seeking its cause.
36. The king of the dreamers lies in the hospital.
37. When money is talking, the rest of the world shuts up.
38. Working on the land is better than praying in the desert.
39. If you want to perform a good jump, sometimes you need to start by taking a step back.
40. When the thief is seen stealing, he says he is joking; but when the thief is not seen, he steals.
Quotes related to King by Power Quotations