938 Proverbs about King / Page 3
41. Kissing don't last but cooking do.
42. Not-speaking is the flower.
43. By poking at a bamboo thicket, one drives out a snake.
44. Cooked rice grains sticking to the soles of the feet.
45. Looking up we are not ashamed in the presence of heaven, nor bowing down are we ashamed in the presence of earth.
46. There as many ways of making a living as seeds of grass.
47. Getting money is like digging with a needle. Spending it is like water soaking into the sand.
48. Depend on your walking stick, not on other people.
49. Even thinking about sexual pleasure has its roots in greed.
50. If you are looking for bad luck, you will soon find it.
51. Making money is like digging with a needle.
52. Steal goods and you'll go to prison, steal lands and you are a king.
53. The devil was good looking at eighteen, and course tea makes a bitter first cup.
54. The taste of cold water after drinking, is a pleasure that the teetotaler will never know.
55. When you are looking upwards you see no frontiers.
56. You will never learn enough looking for only the good things in life; you will always be a pupil.
57. Thinking evil is much the same as doing it.
58. Ignorance of the law is no excuse for breaking it.
59. Success is doing what you like and making a living at it.
60. The house of envy lies in the lowest hollows, golden, sunless, breathed upon by no wind, grim and filled full of inert chill, and lacking warmth, is always roiled in fog.
Quotes related to King by Power Quotations