602 Proverbs about People / Page 2
21. People count up the faults of those who keep them waiting.
22. People lend only to the rich.
23. People make the bells say what they please.
24. People take more pains to be damned than to be saved.
25. People who have bread to eat do not appreciate the severity of a famine.
26. Reasonable people can differ.
27. Scratch people where they itch.
28. The silence of the people is a warning for the king.
29. The wolf is not as big as people make him.
30. There are no foolish trades, there are only foolish people.
31. To whom do you offer your shells for sale? To people who come from Saint Michel.
32. Tough times don't last but tough people do.
33. Young people tell what they are doing, old people what they have done, and fools what they wish to do.
34. Folks say there is a lack of four sorts of people on earth: of priests, else one would not have six or seven benefices; of gentleman, else every boor would not want to be a squire; of whores, else married women and nuns would not carry on the trade; of Jews, else Christians would not practise usury.
35. Good people live far asunder.
36. Good thongs may be cut out of other people's hides.
37. He who builds on the public way, must let the people have their say.
38. He who serves the people has a bad master.
39. If the wolf would cease his running, the people would cease their shouting.
40. Let people take and dogs bark.
Quotes related to People by Power Quotations