77 Proverbs about Straight
1. A blind horse goes straightforward.
2. Crooked wood burns quite as well as straight.
3. In the land of the cripple everyone thinks he walks straight.
4. In trying to straighten the horns you kill the ox.
5. You can't straighten a snake by putting it in a bamboo cane.
6. He who has a straight body is not worried about his crooked shadow.
7. If the main timbers in the house are not straight, the smaller timber will be unsafe; and if the smaller timbers are not straight, the house will fall.
8. If you stand straight, do not fear a crooked shadow.
9. In dense woods the trees grow straight.
10. Where all limp, everybody thinks he walks straight.
11. Crooked logs make straight fires.
12. The old ox plows a straight furrow.
13. Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes straight to the bone.
14. The shortest distance between two points is a straight line.
15. He hit me, started to cry, and went straight to the judge to sue me.
16. The river does not move straight because it is alone.
17. If you refuse to be made straight when you are green, you will not be made straight when you are dry.
18. A river doesn't run straight because there was nobody to advise it.
19. That which got bent while growing when you straighten it, it breaks.
20. The animal hide can best be straightened and smoothened when still fresh.
Quotes related to Straight by Power Quotations