613 Proverbs about Them
1. He who cannot agree with his enemies is controlled by them.
2. If rich people could hire other people to die for them, the poor could make a wonderful living.
3. If the rich could hire the poor to die for them, the poor would make a very nice living.
4. Ashes fly back into the face of him who throws them.
5. Marriage is like a groundnut: you have to crack them to see what is inside.
6. The rain wets the leopard's spots but does not wash them off.
7. I'd rather have them say "There he goes" than "Here he lies.".
8. The cemeteries are filled with people who thought the world couldn't get along without them.
9. A country where flowers are priced so as to make them a luxury has yet to learn the first principles of civilization.
10. All people are your relatives, therefore expect only trouble from them.
11. All things change, and we change with them.
12. Flowers leave a part of their fragrance in the hands that bestow them.
13. Flowers leave some of their fragrance in the hand that bestows them.
14. Girls marry to please parents, widows to please themselves.
15. Gold and silver are mingled with dirt, till avarice parted them.
16. Not wine . . . men intoxicate themselves; not vice . . . men entice themselves.
17. When eating bamboo sprouts, remember the man who planted them.
18. You cannot prevent the birds of sorrow from flying over your head, but you can prevent them from building nests in your hair.
19. You won't help shoots grow by pulling them up higher.
20. A priest sees people at their best, a lawyer at their worst, but a doctor sees them as they really are.
Quotes related to Them by Power Quotations