613 Proverbs about Them / Page 2
21. Take care of the pence and the pounds will take care of themselves.
22. Pride and dignity would belong to women if only men would leave them alone.
23. When the angels present themselves, the devils abscond.
24. A fine girl and a tattered gown always find something to hook the them.
25. By telling our woes we often assuage them.
26. Fouls invent fashions and wise men follow them.
27. Grease a churl's boots and he'll say you are burning them.
28. He is like the gardener's dog, who don't eat cabbage and will let no one else eat them.
29. He pays for the glasses who breaks them.
30. He who judges between two friends loses one of them.
31. Horses run after benefices and asses get them.
32. People count the faults of those who keep them waiting.
33. People count up the faults of those who keep them waiting.
34. Some who mean only to warm, burn themselves.
35. The fox says of the mulberries when he cannot get at them; they are not good at all.
36. When a man's friend marries, all is over between them.
37. The cow that does not eat with the oxen, either eats before or after them.
38. A woman, a dog, and a walnut tree, the more you beat them the better they be.
39. All had rather it were well for themselves than for another.
40. Apes remain apes, though you cloth them in velvet.
Quotes related to Them by Power Quotations