65 Congolese Proverbs
1. A bald-headed man will not grow hair by getting excited.
2. A cat goes to a monastery, but she still remains a cat.
3. A house with two keys is worth nothing.
4. A little subtleness is better than a lot of force.
5. A pretty basket does not prevent worries.
6. A pretty face and fine clothes do not make character.
7. A priest sees people at their best, a lawyer at their worst, but a doctor sees them as they really are.
8. A single bracelet does not jingle.
9. An idiot will cross an ox with an elephant.
10. Being well dressed does not prevent one from being poor.
11. Children are the reward of life.
12. Death does not sound a trumpet.
13. Do not dispose of the monkey's tail before he is dead.
14. Don't buy a boat that is under water.
15. Don't buy the salt if you haven't licked it yet.
16. Don't cut off the monkey's tail before it is dead.
17. Drink beer, think beer.
18. Friendship does not need pepper to cry.
19. Great events may stem from words of no importance.
20. He who doesn't like chattering women must stay a bachelor.