520 Proverbs about Till / Page 2
21. Trust no one till you have eaten a bushel of salt with him.
22. Still waters run deep.
23. A hog in armor is still a hog.
24. Beware of a silent dog and still water.
25. A man of straw is still a man.
26. One can stand still in a flowing stream, but not in a world of men.
27. The eye that is still says more than a chattering mouth.
28. Your years will still remain the same whether you laugh or cry.
29. My son is my son till he gets him a wife, but my daughter's my daughter all the days of her life.
30. The country is in ruins, and there are still mountains and rivers.
31. Even the most expensive clock still shows sixty minutes in every hour.
32. An aged steed confined to the stable still aspires after the glory of galloping a thousand miles.
33. A dish of carrot hastily cooked may still has soil not cleaned off the vegetable.
34. The lotus root may be severed, but its fibered threads are still connected.
35. One monk shoulders water by himself; two can still share the labor between them. When it comes to three, they have to go thirsty.
36. You looked high and low till your iron shoes were worn out but still to no avail. Then you chanced upon it without ever looking.
37. Be not afraid of growing slowly, be afraid only of standing still.
38. Be not afraid of going slowly; be only afraid of standing still.
39. Do not fear going forward slowly; fear only to stand still.
40. A man grows most tired while standing still.
Quotes related to Till by Power Quotations