85 Proverbs about Village
1. It is not good to be the poet of a village.
2. "Your words are fair," said the wolf, "but I will not come into the village."
3. Hunger leads the wolf to the village.
4. Entering the village, obey the village.
5. Obey the customs of the village you enter.
6. One's village is revealed.
7. Follow the villagers when you are in the new village.
8. Going into a country the first time, ask what is forbidden; on entering a village, ask what are the customs; on entering a private house, ask what should not be mentioned.
9. On entering a country, ask what is forbidden, on entering a village, ask what are the customs, on entering a private house, ask what should not be mentioned.
10. The words are fair, said the wolf, but I will not come into the village.
11. Children act in the village as they have learned at home.
12. The village slatternly wench has the form of a dove, the heart of a fox, and the mind of an toad.
13. It takes a whole village to raise a child.
14. It takes a whole village to educate a child.
15. It takes a village to raise a child.
16. When it is the turn of a man to become the head of a village, he does not need to diviner to tell him that he is destined to rule.
17. Our elders say that at sunset, it is one's cloth that one goes to remove from the village square.
18. It takes a whole village to raise a child.
19. Where the rooster crows there is a village.
20. It takes a village to raise a child.
Quotes related to Village by Power Quotations