331 Proverbs about Wine / Page 2
21. Who loves not women, wine, and song, remains a fool his whole life long.
22. Wine and women make fools of everybody.
23. Wine upon beer is very good cheer; beer upon wine consider with fear.
24. Women and wine, game and deceit, Make the wealth small and the wants great.
25. Wine is water adulterated by foolish talk.
26. Bad and good are intertwined like rope.
27. With the first glass a man drinks wine, with the second glass the wine drinks the wine, with the third glass the wine drinks the man.
28. Wine is the best broom for troubles.
29. Without wine, even beautiful cherry blossoms have small attraction.
30. At the first cup man drinks wine, at the second wine drinks wine, at the third wine drinks man.
31. Wine does not intoxicate a man -- a man intoxicates himself.
32. Ask no favors and people everywhere are affable; if you don't drink, it doesn't matter what price wine is.
33. Better to drink the weak tea of a friend than the sweet wine of an enemy.
34. It does not matter if your tavern sits in a remote location so long as the smell of your wine is appealing.
35. A thousand cups of wine do not suffice when true friends meet, but half a sentence is too much when there is no meeting of minds.
36. If you see in your wine the reflection of a person not in your range of vision, don't drink it.
37. No melon-peddler cries: Bitter melons. No wine-dealer says: Sour wine.
38. Not wine . . . men intoxicate themselves; not vice . . . men entice themselves.
39. If you have money and wine, your friends will be many.
40. Just as a medicine may not cure a serious illness, wine will certainly not dispel your grief.
Quotes related to Wine by Power Quotations