233 Proverbs about Wolf
1. For love the wolf eats the sheep.
2. He who stands godfather to a wolf should have a dog under his cloak.
3. If the wolf had stayed in the wood there would have been no hue and cry after him.
4. If the wolf would cease his running, the people would cease their shouting.
5. Report makes the wolf bigger than he is.
6. When shepherds quarrel, the wolf has a winning game.
7. "Your words are fair," said the wolf, "but I will not come into the village."
8. Hunger drives the wolf out of the wood.
9. Make yourself a sheep and the wolf will eat you.
10. Even counted sheep are eaten by the wolf.
11. Howling makes the wolf bigger than he really is.
12. Hunger leads the wolf to the village.
13. "I will not bite any dog," says the shepherd's dog, "for I must save my teeth for the wolf."
14. Fear makes the wolf bigger than he is.
15. Outside a sheep, inside a wolf.
16. Whoever feeds the wolf in the winter will be eaten by him in the spring.
17. Even a sheep with the skin of a tiger is afraid of the wolf.
18. While keeping a tiger from the front door, the wolf comes in at the back.
19. Fight a wolf with a flex stalk.
20. The lone sheep is in danger of the wolf.
Quotes related to Wolf by Power Quotations