734 Proverbs about Word / Page 2
21. Who takes an eel by the tail or a woman by her word, grasp as he will, holds nothing fast.
22. Women are never at a loss for words.
23. Words are good, but fowls lay eggs.
24. Words are good, when works follow.
25. Words don't will the sack.
26. Words of snow, which fell last year.
27. Words often do more than blows.
28. "Your words are fair," said the wolf, "but I will not come into the village."
29. Words are dwarfs, but examples are giants.
30. Words are like bees, they have honey and a sting.
31. One word let slip and four horses would fail to catch it.
32. A word can't be recalled once spoken.
33. A man's word is his honor.
34. The tongue of woman is her sword, which never rusts.
35. Spend words as efficiently as money.
36. One kind word can warm 3 winter months.
37. A good sword is the one left in its scabbard.
38. A round egg can be made square according to how you cut it; words would be harsh according to how you speak them.
39. One written word is worth a thousand pieces of gold.
40. The tongue is more to be feared than the sword.
Quotes related to Word by Power Quotations