399 Proverbs about Words
1. A bad cause requires many words.
2. Every man is the best interpreter of his own words.
3. Fair words don't fill the pocket.
4. More is done with words than with hands.
5. Of big words and feathers may go to the pound.
6. Of words and feathers, it takes many to make a pound.
7. Poor people's words go many to a sackful.
8. The fewer the words, the better the prayer.
9. Women are never at a loss for words.
10. Words are good, but fowls lay eggs.
11. Words are good, when works follow.
12. Words don't will the sack.
13. Words of snow, which fell last year.
14. Words often do more than blows.
15. "Your words are fair," said the wolf, "but I will not come into the village."
16. Words are dwarfs, but examples are giants.
17. Words are like bees, they have honey and a sting.
18. Cold tea and cold rice are tolerable; cold looks and cold words aren't.
19. Cold tea and cold rice are bearable, but cold looks and cold words are not.
20. Truthful words are seldom pleasant.
Quotes related to Words by Power Quotations