24 African Proverbs about GroundAll African Proverbs | Proverbs about Ground
1. The corpse of a bird does not decompose in flight, but on the ground.
2. I don't sow ground nuts when the monkey is watching.
3. The lizard that jumped from the high iroko tree to the ground said he would praise himself if no one else did.
4. A bird that flies off the earth and lands on an anthill is still on the ground.
5. A bird may fly off the earth and land on an anthill, but it will still be on the ground.
6. A foot must never quarrel with the ground.
7. A lazy man's farm is the breeding ground for snakes.
8. A person who is always looking at the sky will never discover anything on the ground.
9. A person who is carrying an elephant on his head should not use his feet to tap snails on the ground.
10. A strong man never stays long in the ground.
11. A tree cannot stand on the ground without its roots.
12. He who holds somebody on the ground is holding himself too.
13. However loud an ant shouts from the ground, no one will hear it.
14. If you don't eat mangos that fall on the ground, be sure to be strong enough to pick ones on the tree.
15. If you have ground nuts in your room expect rats.
16. Monkeys don't advise there young ones to be careful on trees they just remind them of the distance to the ground.
17. No matter how high the bird flies, a hunter sets is trap on the ground.
18. No matter how tall a tree might grow it will always shed its leaves on the ground.
19. Running water can never jump over a hole in the ground.
20. Sanity is the playground for the unimaginative.
Proverbs about Ground
Quotes related to Ground by Power Quotations