60 African Proverbs about KingAll African Proverbs | Proverbs about King
1. If a child washes his hands he could eat with kings.
2. When a king has good counselors, his reign is peaceful.
3. Even if thin, the elephant remains the king of the forest.
4. Even the best cooking pot will not produce food.
5. He who is too sure of himself and acts without thinking is heading for his downfall.
6. The very fact that we are looking for something usually stands in the way of our finding it.
7. The path is made by walking.
8. Looking at a king's mouth one would never think he sucked his mother's breast.
9. A leopard is chasing us, and you are asking me, "Is it a male or a female?"
10. A weapon that you don't have in your hand will not kill a snake. Looking for something can get in the way of finding it.
11. Every head must do its own thinking.
12. Hunger is felt by a slave, and hunger is felt by a king.
13. If someone is walking towards you, you don't need to tell him "come here."
14. The hunter who is tracking an elephant does not stop to throw stones at birds.
15. If you're not living on the edge... you're taking up too much room.
16. A barren woman is like a leaking pot.
17. A dog will not follow its owner to follow a king.
18. A king who doesn't tolerate comments about his mouth shouldn't eat in public.
19. A man who is putting on his armour for war should not boast like a man who's taking it off.
20. A person who is always looking at the sky will never discover anything on the ground.
Proverbs about King
Quotes related to King by Power Quotations