114 African Proverbs about OtherAll African Proverbs | Proverbs about Other
1. He who is carried on another's back does not appreciate how far off the town is.
2. A child's fingers are not scalded by a piece of hot yam which his mother puts into his palm.
3. Even if a baby seems unpleasant to look at, his mother never refuses him.
4. When a mother has twins she must sleep on her back.
5. One piece of green wood is enough to stop the others from burning.
6. The new moon cannot come until the other has gone.
7. Death is like a dress that, at some point or another, everyone has to wear.
8. You cannot hear a baby cry in the mother's womb.
9. Teeth are all friends among each other.
10. Beat one dog and the others will run away.
11. Brothers love each other when they are equally rich.
12. He whose mother is naked is not likely to clothe his aunt.
13. Only what you have eaten is yours; other things may not be.
14. Repetition is the mother of knowledge.
15. The calf is not afraid of the mother's horns.
16. The fuel in the lamp consumes itself but lights others.
17. Through others I am somebody.
18. Looking at a king's mouth one would never think he sucked his mother's breast.
19. Bad luck for one man is good luck for another.
20. He who has not traveled widely thinks that his mother is the best cook.
Proverbs about Other
Quotes related to Other by Power Quotations