65 Congolese Proverbs / Page 3
41. The flesh of a young animal tastes flat.
42. The fly has no pity for the thin man.
43. The impotent man does not eat spicy foods.
44. The iron never takes advice from the hammer.
45. The mother-in-law shows you her thighs without shame, you are the embarrassed one.
46. The nuts from a palm tree don't fall without dragging a few leaves with it.
47. The portion that a man keeps for himself is usually not the smallest.
48. The snake and the crab don't sleep in the same hole.
49. The son shoots a leopard; the father is proud.
50. The teeth are smiling, but is the heart?
51. The watched chicken never lays.
52. The white man never forgets Europe.
53. The worm that gnaws on the bean is the one inside the bean.
54. Those who inherit fortunes are frequently more of a problem than those who made them.
55. To love someone who does not love you, is like shaking a tree to make the dew drops fall.
56. Two birds disputed about a kernel, when a third swooped down and carried it off.
57. War ends nothing.
58. What is said over the dead lion's body, could not be said to him alive.
59. When the bee comes to your house, let her have beer; you may want to visit the bee's house some day.
60. Who sits down is a cripple.