28 German Proverbs about HardAll German Proverbs | Proverbs about Hard
1. Daughters are easy to rear, but hard to marry.
2. Every beginning is hard, said the thief, when he began by stealing an anvil.
3. Hard against hard never was good.
4. He that peeps into every bush will hardly get into the wood.
5. If you are an anvil, be patient; if you are a hammer, strike hard.
6. It is hard to catch birds with an empty hand.
7. It is hard to steal where the host himself is a thief.
8. It is harder work getting to hell than to heaven.
9. Marrying is easy, but housekeeping is hard.
10. Must is a hard nut.
11. Old birds are hard to pluck.
12. Old crows are hard to catch.
13. Old oxen tread hard.
14. Old pigs have hard snouts.
15. Once is people's mouths, 'tis hard to get well out of them.
16. Priestly knaves sweat hard at their meat, but never at work get into a heat.
17. The bites of priests and wolves are hard to heal.
18. Tired oxen must tread hard.
19. 'Tis hard to swim against the stream.
20. To the looker-on no work is too hard.
Proverbs about Hard
Quotes related to Hard by Power Quotations