11 German Proverbs about PriestsAll German Proverbs | Proverbs about Priests
1. Beware of laughing hosts and weeping priests.
2. Either fight not with priests or beat them to death.
3. Folks say there is a lack of four sorts of people on earth: of priests, else one would not have six or seven benefices; of gentleman, else every boor would not want to be a squire; of whores, else married women and nuns would not carry on the trade; of Jews, else Christians would not practise usury.
4. Priests and women never forget.
5. Priests bless themselves first.
6. Priests even smile pleasantly on young women.
7. Priests pay each other no tithes.
8. Priests should not prate out of the confessional.
9. The bites of priests and wolves are hard to heal.
10. There is no occasion for priests to marry, while peasants have wives.
11. Priests and road signs show you the way but don't go with you.
Proverbs about Priests
Quotes related to Priests by Power Quotations