33 German Proverbs about ThemAll German Proverbs | Proverbs about Them
1. A woman, a dog, and a walnut tree, the more you beat them the better they be.
2. All had rather it were well for themselves than for another.
3. Apes remain apes, though you cloth them in velvet.
4. Dissemblers oftener deceive themselves than others.
5. Either fight not with priests or beat them to death.
6. Fools build houses, wise men buy them.
7. Great men's servants don't think little of themselves.
8. He who serves small masters, is himself one of them.
9. Many have good intentions, but something comes across them.
10. Millers and bakers do not steal, people bring to them.
11. Once is people's mouths, 'tis hard to get well out of them.
12. Priests bless themselves first.
13. Promises may make friends, but 'tis performances that keep them.
14. Riches abuse them who know not how to use them.
15. The cats that drive away mice are as food as those that catch them.
16. The eyes believe themselves; the ears believe other people.
17. There are many preachers who don't hear themselves.
18. Those who don't pick roses in summer won't pick them in winter either.
19. Those who tickle themselves may laugh when they please.
20. Thousands drink themselves to death before one dies of thirst.
Proverbs about Them
Quotes related to Them by Power Quotations