32 German Proverbs about WantAll German Proverbs | Proverbs about Want
1. Buyers want a hundred eyes, sellers only one.
2. Folks say there is a lack of four sorts of people on earth: of priests, else one would not have six or seven benefices; of gentleman, else every boor would not want to be a squire; of whores, else married women and nuns would not carry on the trade; of Jews, else Christians would not practise usury.
3. He that finds fault wants to buy.
4. He that wants the kernel must crack the nut.
5. He who buys what he don't want, will soon sell what he does want.
6. I want no drones in my bee-hive.
7. If the eye does not want to see, neither light nor glasses will help.
8. If the prince wants an apple, his servants take the tree.
9. If you want fire, look for it in the ashes.
10. If you want peace, you must prepare for war.
11. It is not want but abundance that makes avarice.
12. Take all you want; eat all you take.
13. The miller's hen and widower's maid, of want need never be afraid.
14. Weeds want no sowing.
15. What we want in hay we make up in straw.
16. When the fox wants to catch geese, he wags his tail.
17. Who has a head won't want for a hat.
18. With nice appearance people want to be deceived.
19. Women and wine, game and deceit, Make the wealth small and the wants great.
20. You have to take life as it happens, but you should try to make it happen the way you want to take it.
Proverbs about Want
Quotes related to Want by Power Quotations